Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Stilted Introduction

This weekend marks a year since I left America to move to Australia. In that time I kept saying to myself that I would start a blog- for people to see what I was doing, for me to connect with others, to mark the passage of time- but I never got around to it. And the more I didn't do it, the more I avoided it because I kept thinking that someone would notice that I hadn't started the damn thing. Avoidance is one of my preferred methods of dealing with stress.

But now, it's been a year. And to be honest, that first year wasn't too spectacular. That isn't to say I didn't have fun, more, that it was largely spent trying to get my feet under me when it felt like everything except my tattoos had been yanked out from under me; and even those tattoos weren't enough sometimes.

Now, I'm ready though. I'm not sure what I'll blog about because from my perspective I don't do many interesting things except cook and deal with some delicate situations at work; perhaps this will be my motivation to actually make an effort to do things that warrant interest and may even be distinctly Australian (what is that anyway? This country is more of a mixing pot than the States).


Bear with me while I work this out. I'm still a little wobbly.

1 comment:

  1. love you! super excited to see what you're up to. even if it just cooking and some delicate situations at work.

    ReplyDelete